Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Good disaster

So last night I was making dinner and I went to get the ginger powder from the spice cabinet which is conveniently (most of the time) located above my stove. Last night however, the curry powder accidentally fell and the cap was off. The curry spilled everywhere, including inside my stir fry! I thought it would taste bad, I had no idea how much had spilled into it, but when we ate it, it actually tasted good. So I've come up with a new twist on my old stir fry recipe. Here it goes:
Ingredients:
Lo mien or spaghetti noodles
1 pkg of frozen stir fry vegetable
1-3 boneless chicken breasts diced
1/3 cup of light soy sauce
1 tbl oil
1 small onion (if onion is not already in frozen stir fry mix)
1 tbl curry powder
1/2 tsp of ground ginger
salt and pepper to taste

Prepare noodles per package directions
In large skillet or wok heat oil on medium high heat, cook chicken until almost done, dice the onion and sautee in the oil, add the veggies soy sauce, curry and salt and pepper. Cook until warm but veggies are still crisp. Dish the noodles on to plates and pour stir fry on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

background