Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Post!

Wow, this is pretty amazing. I have been considering blogging for a long time, but I've never gotten into it until now. I have no idea why I've decided to do this, but I think it will be a great way to let everybody know about my wonderful family and lament with me over the many up and downs, trials and tribulations associated with this crazy mixed up world! Let me start with an introduction. My name is Shayla Smith, I live in Columbia, Missouri with my husband and my four (that's right four) children. My kids are wonderful their names are: Brittany (age 11), Joseph (age 10), Jacob (age 10) and James-William (age 3). I'm also a third year (almost over!) law student at the University of Missouri. As you might guess my life is a bit hysterical but I wouldn't have it any other way. My husband is also in school, he is pursuing his PhD. Education is very important to our family, and Jamesy (the youngest) just started Montessori school, and we are very happy with it. I love my extended family (this blog is in part to keep them up to date with the goings on of our fam) especially my wonderful mother, my sweet mother-in-law, my host of cousins, aunts, uncles and all my in-laws. My older three kids came in a package with my husband, but I love them with all of my heart as if they were born to me. My family is not without its share of drama (what blended family isn't? but its a good family!)
I'm hoping that this blog will give some other moms out there a little comfort in knowing that there's another mom experiencing some of the same things they are. I guess more will be revealed as we go on! Welcome to my adventure!

No comments:

background