Friday, September 19, 2008

Crazy morning

Ok so this morning should have gone smoother than it did, but I wake up everyday with that thought and it never seems to pan out the way I plan. So Brittany had to wake up early to finish her "monster" (which I thought she did a wonderful job on by the way!) I was tired from my mommy-night out with the girls but the alarm still went off at 5:30 am. At which time my husband rolls out of bed and turns the television on. (Goodbye sleep! Parting is such sweet sorrow!) But yet I still kept my eyes closed and prayed that sleep would come back, but then Will can't find his keys and I have to move. I love my husband, even though he can never find his keys at 5:45 in the morning! Some more mundane things happen until James wakes up screaming that he wants to go to bible class. It's Friday and the days of the week and what we do each day is a constant topic in our house but James still doesn't understand that he can't just make things occur when he wants them. So he goes on screaming about one thing or another until Joseph runs down stairs, where I am frantically trying to get ready on time, telling me that James is eating something off the floor. (Gross...considering we don't know if what he was eating was food). James then proceeds to scream and he swears that Jacob hit him. Jacob's reply... "I didn't hit him, I think I just kneed him in the head..." Really cuz that's so much better. This just in: I have three boys for sale...any takers?
No really every morning is like a chicken race, I really just want to wake up to a Leave it To Beaver kind of day, no eating of foregin objects of the floor, no early morning projects , or WWE style "accidential" wrestling moves. Picture this: after getting 8 glorious hours of sleep you are awaken by the smell of fluffy pancakes. Your perfectly dressed children come downstairs with your breakfast. They drop it off and declare that today is all about you. You emerge from your bed to find your house spot-less and your children blissfuly playing a "quiet" game without argument, and your husband declaring that every football game has been cancelled for the day so he's going to actually complete some of those projects on the 'to do' list." Yeah that would be great... but not real! *Sigh*
Hope everyone has a great day, or is recovering nicely from a crazy morning!

No comments:

background