Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's random (wo)man

So I have a mix bag of thoughts and info to share. It's been a while since I've blogged. (So cool how we can invent new verbs!) Anyways first kid randomness. So last night James was on the toilet (don't worry no gross bathroom humor) and he says "there are 7 continents" (random, but I'm glad he knows that. Joseph and I had a conversation the other morning that should make me wonder if I have a sadistic kid or not. He told his brother " an H-bomb would blow up the whole country." Jacob: "No, an A bomb" Joseph: "The don't make the A-bombs anymore" Me: "why are we talking about blowing up the country" Joseph: "I just thought an H-bomb could do that..." Me: "no son, fortunately it can't" Joseph: "Oh that's good, but is there a bomb that could?" Me: "NO!" James has decided he no longer wants his stuffed cat at school to cuddle with at nap time.... now he wants his light blue bear named "BUA-Beya" cus that's more like a big boy. Brittany during the Obama rally last month. The leader of the college democrats was introducing Robin Carnahan and said something to the effect of "she wears many hats..." Brittany: "she likes hats, I like hats too." Me: "Not real hats, its a figure of speech, it means she does a lot of things." Brittany (after Ms. Carnahan gets on stage) "Look I see her...and she's not wearing a hat!"
To top off this random post I'll add that I got my kids to eat spinach last night! I made a spinach alfredo sauce b/c I was out of broccoli (a vegetable they all surprisingly like). The recipe is super easy. here it is:
One jar of Ragu Alfredo Sauce
1/2 pkg of frozen spinach
3/4 cup parm. cheese
3 slices of bacon chopped
One box of linguine or other pasta noodle (I suggest something thick)

Cook pasta per pkg instructions.

Prepare the spinach following package direction ( I suggest boiling the bacon with the spinach but I didn't do it, I warmed the bacon in the microwave to make it crispy)
Drain spinach and add the Alfredo Sauce, cooked bacon, cheese, salt and pepper to taste
Dish out the noddles and ladle sauce on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

background